How to start a Huddle:
1. Pray. Seek the Lord's will for your area and the calling God has put in your heart. Pray for His ministry in your area, and for those he would bring to serve and be ministered to/through this Huddle.
2. Read the Huddle Guide. Investigate FCA Endurance and endurance Huddles through exploring this website, FCA's website, and the Huddle Guide (download below). While we don't expect anyone to be an "expert" right out of the blocks, it would be beneficial to explore what you are prayerfully considering committing to.
Huddle Guide (Pdf Download)
Huddle Guide (Online Version)
3. Research Existing Huddles. It obviously makes sense to join a Huddle that’s already going if one exists. This saves time and other resources, as well as unites more individuals under one banner. This includes both FCA-E Huddles (listed to the left) and other Adult Huddles. If there is already an Adult Huddle in your area, talk to its leaders about joining. Perhaps you could run an endurance component to what they are already doing. Again, we’re just trying to unite people interested in ministry through sports. To see if there are any regular adult Huddles in your area, contact your local FCA staff person. If you don’t know who this is, their contact information is available by going to http://www.fca.org/ and clicking on “Find Local FCA Staff” on the right side. You'll also be working with local staff regularly so now is a great time to begin this relationship!
4. Have all of the Leaders (or potential Leaders) fill out a FCA Ministry Leader Application (MLA). This can be done easily online at www.fca.org/hotpicks/mla.lsp
5. Contact Steve White to let him know your MLA has been submitted.
6. Call with Steve White to discuss your heart, calling, and local vision, as well as to go over your MLA and any questions you have after reading the Huddle Guide. Steve will call you once your MLA has been reviewed.
7. Recruit at least 2 other core Huddle members. These core members will partner with you in Huddle activities, forming the start-up group that you will minister within and through. These can be new contacts or current Teammates already in the ministry. We highly advise a meeting of this core to clarify commitment to the local ministry mission and strategize local ministry activities.
8. Invest in the Huddle Starter Kit. This kit contains the intitial resources needed to promote your Huddle and recruit new Huddle members, allowing for increased impact in your area. It includes a 3 x 6 banner and an assortment of our other resources. Our cost for this kit is $75 (we cover the shipping), and we request that the Huddle invest in this through making a ministry gift. If you have any questions or need help with this, please contact Steve White.
9. Certify the Huddle. This can be done by calling Steve White at 912-441-2616. Certification costs, including Huddle insurance costs, are provided by generous donors who support our mission financially.
10. Begin Huddle Activities. For help in doing this, please refer to the Huddle Guide (step 2) and Steve White.
Certification lasts 1 year and expires on Aug 31. Renewal is done through Steve White.