A new year is upon us, and with it, comes the hopes of what could be in 2013. As a part of this season, I know that many of you are intentionally thinking about what you would like to accomplish in the coming year. Whether you set resolutions or establish new goals, now seems like a perfect time to dream, focus, and set a course for better things in the coming twelve month. As you think about such things, I invite you to answer this question:
For me, winning in 2013 looks like _______________________.
Answering this question is important because frankly, if you can’t define your win, you’ll never know if you are actually winning.
Within FCA Endurance, we also pray and think about such things and have answered this question as a ministry. While our win comes from the mission and vision of FCA, two statements that I hope you know and celebrate, I wanted to take a minute here and boil it down, making it as simple as possible. Simple enough for everyone on our ministry team to remember. For us winning equals making disciples in the endurance community! Even simpler, a win equals a mature disciple.
And so, how does our win affect or involve you?
- If you hate God: winning = making you a bit less hostile to His love
- If you doubt God exists: winning = giving you a reason to doubt your doubts
- If you are exploring things of eternity: winning = inviting you to trust in Jesus
- If you are a new Christian: winning = helping you grow into a mature disciple
- If you are a stagnant in your walk with God: winning = igniting your passion to follow Christ
- If you are a mature disciple: winning = helping you produce more mature disciples
- If you’re somewhere in the middle: winning = helping you know, trust, and love God more completely in the coming year and beyond
That’s what we’re all about. That’s what drives Huddles, EMI, the Body, Iron Prayers, and all of the other numerous parts of FCA Endurance. That’s also what we invite you to be a part of. Exciting huh?! And now, as you consider your win for 2013, we certainly invite you to share ours. We would be blessed and honored!
Winning = Making Disciples
Thanks for your partnership in 2013, and God bless your ministry!
For God's Glory,
Posted on Fri, January 11, 2013
by Chris Anderson filed under